20080127

more buildings??

Yesterday I was not in a very good mood. So I decided to take a walk. A long one. Started parallel to the college and after walking a considerable distance I saw somewhere there was construction going on. I went inside and it seemed that the construction was for VIT only as it was pretty close to the new block of ladies' hostels. But then the question is, how can a place be made this distant from the college? It was not less than a kilometer I had walked. Or are they really planning to make the ladies' hostels as far from the college as the mens' hostels are. For sure these hostels couldn't be mens' hostels as they were all on the other side of line.

Well, in case u do not know, the ladies' hostels in VIT are separated from the mens' hostels by a line, a railway line. The college and the ladies' hostels are on one side of the railway track and the mens' hostels on the other. So to meet any girl, boys need to cross the Indian railways' 'Laxman Rekha'.

Anyways, no complains with the track, but one thing that makes it bad is the distance of mens' hostels from the college. The average distance a guy has to walk from college to reach any building in the college is more than half a kilometer. Thanks to the railway underbridge, we don't have to go through the regular railway crossing, otherwise the average distance would be more than a kilometre I think. In fact the new way made to the technology tower (TT) is a great work from the college. [Why didn't they do it 3-4 years earlier? :( ]

Sorry for not being able to bring photos as I do not have a camera and camera phones are not allowed in the college. (an my dad wouldn't have got me one anyways, whether it's allowed or not)

But I'll try to arrange a camera and put some photos of the construction site and the other things I like here. But still, all depends on the availability of camera.

If u r a student of the college, u can try to get to the site on your own. It's on the way to Brahmapuram, the place where Shrishti Vidyashram is located.

1 comment:

Kashyap said...

I really love reading ur blogs. Dont get deterred by 0 comments on ur blogs :-) there are many who ve read urs and enjoyed immensely. Keep blogging !!