20080127

Hostels

It was F block I started with. Most of the students do that. And all did back then. It was a great hostel. There used to be 6 students in a room such big that we could just adjust. But still, life was intersting. In fact it was the start of learning in my life. This was the place where we learnt what the hostel life. It was, enjoyment-wise, the best hostel I ever had, and it goes the same for my friends. In fact for most of the people, first year is the best as they learn to live life in an altogether new way.

The food at the F block was a thing with which I took some time to adjust with as there were no separate messes for the South Indian food and North Indian food. But after I got habitual to that, I feel it was better than separate North Indian and South Indian foods as we hardly get the taste of the other than we opt for.

Then came the second year and we learnt a new lesson, we got rooms as early as we submitted our drafts. Thankfully I got a good enough room, and I shifted with 3 of my friends of which one left for a single room. Life in the second year, that is, G block was great too, except that people were more busy as many of them had got their computers and laptops, including myself and were busy with themselves rather than in 'addas'.

One thing to be noticed. G block mess food was one of the worst I have ever had. Though I was a regular at my mess, and remained, I can say it was the most difficult food I had to cope with. In fact, some of my friends left for the Special mess, which was known as International mess at that time, the trend now increasing more.

The third year I lived in A block, the administrative block. The good thing was that the block was a traditionally built hostel which gave a good feeling, and the bad thing was that I was away from all the friends of my group who lived in the newly made J block, as I had got my hostel fees draft late.

In my final year I was able to join my friends back and life was better again, eating in the H block mess that I had gone to during my third year too. The mess was almost as good as the one in the first year, being run by the same caterer.

That is what was about my hostels. Currently there are ten mens' and 5 ladies' hostels already running with more under construction in VIT. Most of the hostels providing good residential facilities, although the first year students generally have to face some difficulty in getting accomodation for the first few months. Also, there are number of restrictions, good and bad, useful and completely useless, and sometimes things are comlpetely out of logic too. But that is not too big a price for the securities and facilities provided by the hostels.

6 comments:

Vistrit Choudhary said...

are first year students allowed laptops?

Affinity Education said...

Thank you for sharing such wonderful information.
There are so many unknown facts and knowledge I have got in your article. I was not aware of these facts yet. However, I have done so much research and written an article on VIT VELLORE RANKING .Visit to our website Top Engineering colleges in India to read that article.

Anonymous said...

Amazing post in this blog. Hope more people reaching your blog because you are sharing a good information.If you are an Indian Student and want to know about VIT VELLORE UNIVERSITY,
Kindly Visit :

VIT VELLORE UNIVERSITY

Anonymous said...

Hey author, Thanks for such a nice content. I am glad to inform you that I have also created a content on VIT Vellore University Admission Eligibility Criteria
You will find some other truth that you haven’t mentioned in your blog. If you have any issue related to the topic, you can call us at 8512857575.

Solve Zone said...


Solve zone is the best education site that provides the solved assignment, exam notes and project report for all the top universities at the cheap rate
Distance IGNOU Solved Project Report
Online Amity Solved Project Report
NMIMS Solved Project Report
NMIMS Solved Assignment Writing Service
SMU Top Class Solved Assignment
IMT Solved Assignment at Low Price

Unknown said...

Very informative, thanks for posting such informative content. Expecting more from you.
Most Trusted Tamil Matrimonial Services